Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reflection 7

The past few classes we have spend time teaching.  We have been teaching about different STLs. I enjoy watching these mini lessons and seeing everyone's different teaching styles.  I am only taking TEE classes this semester so I only have 3 teachers, for 6 classes, so I don't have very many chances to observe different teaching styles this semester.

Some "teachers" in my class are superb.  They have this teaching thing down.  They are good at planning their lessons, they are good at delivering the material, they are confident, etc.  But others have much room for improvement.  Teaching is hard because there are so many different methods, and so many right answers.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed, even teaching these mini (20 minute) lessons.  How am I going to teach all day long?  Many different classes, many different students, many different topics....YIKES! 

This is when I need to remember that I am still learning, I'm not supposed to be a great teacher yet.  This is why I am taking the classes I am taking, so I can get better.  I need to be more confident.  

I hope I can be a motivating and uplifting teacher.

"Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength of the nation." -- John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment