Friday, December 9, 2011

Reflection 11


Now that the end of the semester has arrived, I would like to reflect on my experience in this class as a whole.

1.  I had never really taught a lesson (except in church, or class presentations) before this class.  When I started teaching for the first time I was really nervous.  By the end I wasn't as nervous.

2.  I'm so glad that when I taught I was video recorded so I could watch it afterward and critique myself.  This was one of my favorite parts of the class.  I really enjoyed seeing the mistakes I made as well as the things I did well.

3.  As funny as it sounds, one of the lessons that really sticks out in my mind was the lesson on writing tests.  I found that fascinating.  I always wanted to know what made a good exam, and what made a good exam question.

4.  After Jeff LeBaron came and talked to us, it made me really thankful for my college professors, especially my TEE major professors, because Jeff taught me that teaching in middle school or high school can be really really rewarding.  It made me realize what my professors are giving up to teach us, so that we can teach in the schools and have those rewarding experience.

5.  I enjoyed watching all of my peers teach.  I liked learning from them.

6.  I loved teaching 6th grade.  It was so fun to teach real students and to see real reactions from students.

Overall it was a really enjoyable class, and I really did learn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment